Wednesday 19 December 2012

Servant Workers

This morning we gathered again for our weekly chapel. This month we are focusing on servant working: being the hands and feet of Jesus. 

First, we were reminded to be more than a bobble-head. Bobble-headed people are those who agree with all the wonderful ideas of servant work that need to be done, but there is no follow up action. We are servant working and that requires action!

The grade 8 class presented a skit on what superheroes might be like 
if everyone became active servant workers.


Those poor, unemployed superheroes! (Wouldn't that be wonderful?)

Grade 2 shared their art display on servant working. Each student painted a picture of themselves and attached ways that our bodies can be the hands and feet of Jesus. Each student shared one of the sentences s/he wrote about servant working:

My knees are servant working when I kneel in prayer for someone else.


My hands are servant working when I set the table without being asked.


My voice is servant working when I sing at Shalom Manor to the seniors.
.

My feet are servant working when I carry out the trash.  

We then reflected on some of the ways Beacon students have been servant workers, 
especially in the past month.


We then met in our gift groups in various places around the school and created prayer lists for things to pray for in the coming weeks and how we can continue to be servant workers and prayer warriors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment